So why use Sioux Falls Free Stuff rather than Craigslist?
Here are 6 perks that our local, community forum offers that CL can't.
1. It's easy to see how much traffic your post is getting. Next to your post, under "Views," you can clearly see exactly how many page views your post has gotten and what kind of interest it's getting.
2. When a user responds to your post, your post goes to the top of the list. This makes checking the status of your post that much faster and easier.
3. All users can see responses to posts. This eliminates tons of hassle when it comes to picking up free stuff (especially curb alerts). Everyone can see if the free item has been spoken for or if someone's already picked it off the curb. You don't have to waste time e-mailing back and forth just to figure out if the item's still available.
4. You don't have to post personal information. If you want to contact a user privately about a post, just click the user's name, then click "Send E-mail" to send a private e-mail right from the forum. E-mail addresses are kept private and can only be seen if you respond to an e-mail. You can also e-mail a user by clicking on "People" at the top of the forum to view all the registered users. Click the user you want to contact, and you can send them a private e-mail right from the forum. No need to post your address and phone number on the forum if you don't want everyone to see it.
5. Our forum is organized. Just click "Sub-Forums" at the top of the forum to sort all posts into sub-folders. It's easy to look at just the posts your interested in - or all of them. There are 7 sub-folders, all of which are viewable on the main forum page. They include FREE STUFF, WANTED, FREE TRADE, FREE EVENTS, FREE GROUPS, FREE SERVICES, and SFFS DISCUSSION
6. This is our local forum! We live in Sioux Falls, we know our community. Why not develop our own Free community and see how it evolves!
7. You can now follow Sioux Falls Free Stuff on Facebook and Twitter. I feed the latest posts to both. There are "Follow" and "Like" buttons below the forum on the right side of the page. Makes SFFS even easier to follow if you prefer Facebook or Twitter to see our new posts!