The forum now feeds the latest posts in realtime to Twitter and Facebook! Buttons are below the forum on the right.
Also take a quick look at my new blog: Harrisburgia

Sioux Falls Free Stuff Forum


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Craigslist Scammers

As I was posting a link to Sioux Falls Free Stuff on Craigslist tonight, I noticed a post titled, "Free Microwave."  Take a look on CL, it's listed in the "Free" section under today's date.

I thought I'd send the poster a friendly e-mail letting the poster know about SFFS.  The location was listed as "Sioux Falls, SD," so I figured our local community forum would be of interest.

I went through the tedious process of highlighting and copying the jumbled CL e-mail address from the posting, logging into my e-mail account, pasting the jumbled e-mail into the addressee, composing the e-mail, and finally sending it.

A few seconds later, I got a response from the poster.  It read as follows:

"Hi.  I am amazed at the amount of responses im getting. Im only able to contact the first few to set this up. To keep us both safe when dealing on craigslist, I have signed up for their service which verifies us before we contact or meet one another.  Just go here clphoneverify.org and verify through CL and I will call you to arrange things once you are added to my safelist.  Thanks!"

 CL strikes again!  Well, the CL Scammers, I suppose, although they seem to be so intertwined it's hard to separate the two.

1 comment:

Need some help getting to your Free Stuff?